Evergreen View Tower Soi 56, 10260 Bangkok

Stop corruption - say what you want to say - make it a beautiful place again

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-09 08:28:53

explorer

Swimming pool dirty / algae problem

The swimming pool is very dirty and not swimmable for two weeks now.

y3mLowo1mIvLuXDkN6_IOyKD_RhGcsSWTBfIyWd8gxs5vKUNPPzucTC1gBDrNheWuOMi_hXASFFYdLKTs_oZAcW3roeR9wro1ASH640VOoA6oGNtAw5SsYPyP7qX0q-8sFCJ_BNJkNdKNwDCVWLTRecFgPA-NeH9VxZwiMP19NFMP4?width=660&height=371&cropmode=none

Unfortunately there is no quality system installed to maintain the pool. There is no maintenance plan  and there are not even all chemicals needed to keep the swimming pool clean and clear.

y3mhTp_6WF5I9w95XXCcUzkjSa91CHWQxU1OkUUGneuJQJfpeU6-8cEOmXOHA_FK7zR_Rr7T5_eSQq9dyXBQm0LIJmeaNDkFOJNQQxGHEwQeaa1oV36i4uXu4vunvSWRc9O9QSZGFO9eEJ4WqpmM-x3a-VoNoYTdlgsHPuq3vdxANk?width=660&height=464&cropmode=none

First thing done yesterday was to check the PH value as well as how much chlorine is in the pool. The acidity, as of January 8, 2017 is far too low. And there is almost no chlorine in the pool. That is why the algae could develop. And the pool turned green.

We ordered, on our own cost, the right chemicals.

You can expect the Swimming pool, if the chemicals arrive by wednesday, to be clean again on Thursday or Friday this week.

It is very important to have enough chlorine in the pool. So the first thing after the arrival of the chemicals is to shock the pool with an extra load of chlorine.
This has to be done in the evening after sunset since the sunrays are eating up the chlorine. If the chlorine is applied to early it is practically close to useless.
After the chlorine has done its work overnight a so-called "Flocalant" has to be added to the pool. The algae, now dead, will sink to the bbottom of the swimming pool. And then it can be vacuum cleaned easily and we should have a clean pool again.

We will make sure that the pool will be maintained in the right way. There have been always clouds of dust on the floor of the swimming pool. Maintained in the right way this will not happen again.
We keep you posted

Last edited by explorer (2017-01-09 15:07:49)

#2 2017-01-11 06:57:27

explorer

Re: Swimming pool dirty / algae problem

Here Is an update:
the swimming pool appliances supplier confirmed to have sent the products/chemicals ordered

Anyway something went wrong and someone from be an group applied some chemicals into the pool  even if they do not have the right chemicals. Here is what I have written in the committee's line group on January 10, 2017  in the afternoon after I discovered that:

16:40  I asked our maintenance staff not to put any chemicals into the swimming pool before the new chemicals arrive. But he doesn't care. And he also apply whatever he applies in the daytime. It's a complete waste of money since the UV rays eat up the free chlorine.
16:42  And because they don't care about how to maintain the pool in the right way they try without any result for two weeks now
16:58  He said just right now that someone from BM group has done it. So it's not our maintenance staff fault.

#3 2017-01-12 08:58:03

explorer

Another update:
after someone added tons of chlorine the pool eventually cleared up.

In the morning of Jan 11 the green already disappeared a bit, getting a lot clearer in the afternoon.

y3mJnkFz_y8JCWqBVeYEwFcZR_zpov6B5mC81Rrus32IwT-yzDvfpyloX0UVRYsxMDhBeQrBrayiSrvSA-naWSoQndttmnK3-inb28Quc5Sxg0Oh6iK7YrdwzzR1Llv9ciBeazc6E6dji0Fcmx8erUbcmMLzv45eISmi0-dFAp7dl8?width=660&height=493&cropmode=none

After two and a half weeks at least someone brought and ordered to use the right chemical. Anyway no one with the right knowledge would add the chlorine to shock a pool during the daytime. Chlorine is not a cheap chemical, so you want to add it when it is most efficient.
In addition it seems they just add a lot instead of calculating how much is really needed.
I have not seen the pool yet today, January 12.  So I am curious how it will look today…

#4 2017-01-12 22:04:19

explorer

The pool appeared to be in an opaque tone.

But this is not what we want. I am still waiting for the chemicals to arrive. Anyway I got boring waiting for them and tomorrow I will stop by a swimming pool appliances shop in Soi Onnut to buy a pH raiser. Probably also my own test kit for chlorine and pH values.

As everybody can see in the second picture of this thread there is a yellowish color in the buildings test kit for the pH value. That is indicating that the pH value Is far too low. Now the problem is that no one told our maintenance guy how to interpret these colors. Hence he says he cannot see something.

Anyway since they don't have an PH+ chemical  not much can be done right now. Have to wait until tomorrow, January 13.

#5 2017-01-17 11:38:53

explorer

Trying to get the swimming pool back to swimmable condition is really a nightmare.

January 8, 2017 I ordered the right chemicals in the shop promised delivery not later than January 11.
Since nothing arrived by January 14 I tried to find another shop here in Bangkok where I can pick up what I need right away. Again very difficult to get someone on the phone. But finally a branch of J.D. swimming pools here on Bangna Trad Road at least could provide me a test kit for pH and chlorine levels and a pH riser. But they do not have Floccalant or something similar. Unbelievable. Anyway I could test the pool water by myself now. Turns out that probably the chemicals needed are in the wrong bottles. Of course I put my own action into question until other pool owners agreed that there must be something wrong in the fault is not with me.

y3mu55pL8prwc4CoHlSYtSalLJtgpUMg__BlHwNUxG9OC7fogW1s2AOGvLCONEb_jsA8N5GGkh_tUEF3c4Jx9H4u2vv_79O0tGB1s9L6cznZ_Be1C4f6HdT0ToiAOAZJLbcUURSTdZ-fhf5Aei4ZE01zGfghNRNeKLc7QYK7YJQE3I?width=660&height=371&cropmode=none

The chemical from the red colored little bottle should be put in the tube to measure the pH value and the yellow colored little bottle should be added into the tube to measure the chlorine value. But the colors come out wrong, it should be the elevator around.

y3mweBmsJdD9-EvLcNWxtuqx9FgYf9RuXBeDnfbqdZ62O9tLTDB6Xjw4Kt-E8Y_Cq0tjSzRp6E8voaDM750rUYngOE0-CSPLwGTLv6o1uOKnyQGRzWafv_y4qbLdwJL8ZQGozzyZT03GcaNthOSOIkwj_fBgpNtoTpm-YGTRY35_iA?width=660&height=371&cropmode=none

The so-called chemical Floccalant actually arrived January 16, 2017. Okay, I thought, now I have everything needed. When I checked the chemicals I had to find out that there was no dosage given for the urgently needed Floccalant. The Floccalant is needed to bind the dead algae in the swimming pool and let it sink to the bottom of the swimming pool. That it would be easy to just vacuum clean it away from the bottom of the swimming pool. So I added about 1 1/2 kg only to find out the next morning that it probably has not been enough. The shop selling the chemical does not respond and not reply to any of my requests.

Anyway there has been some dust on the bottom of the swimming pool. I asked the maintenance guy of our building to set the pumping system of the swimming pool in a way that the water and test vacuum cleaned away from the bottom of the swimming pool would go right away to the sewage water system, and not through the filter back into the swimming pool. That is the normal way it should be. Actually there should not be any extra movement in the pool to avoid the dust settled on the bottom moving around again. But it seems that either no one showed our maintenance guy how to choose the right setting or that it is even not possible. We mounted the vacuum cleaner to the water hose and even if I made sure (at least I thought so) that he clearly understood what I want or what is needed water started to stream out from the vents from the bottom of the swimming pool.

We tried a few settings but couldn't get it fixed.

So I really don't know what to do now. We called BM group to send someone who can help.

So the nightmare continues.

In the following picture you see what should be possible and normally is possible with every swimming pool. Option one is the normal. But in case after you used Floccalant and want to vacuum clean the debris that sunk to the bottom of the pool you need to pump all these the breeze into the sewage water system. And for that case option two is necessary. With no water being added to the pool during the time you use the vacuum cleaner.

y3m0Nx9c_uNJ_dE-zig4vHXhBIb3RshCgrEV5AS8_Lr7IIO4xltkbC2VvrkkJeWhn4mClDwcnUTHxt0ggbN2DeFFBRo4P593LVHrARS6yObQhDdhbpxTST59Hw5456VFoTayZvByWT9ufdZajw03s5K_twBrkaT38XMBGWNIVcmoo4?width=381&height=660&cropmode=none

Last edited by explorer (2017-01-17 11:42:18)

#6 2017-01-18 10:06:40

explorer

The Floccalant chemical I used in the night only worked partly, some of the dust in the pool settled to the floor. I asked our maintenance guy to vacuum clean it. But, I added, he needs to make sure that the water he is vacuum cleaning away would be directed to the sewage water system and not through the filter back into the pool. He told me he will do so. I extra called my wife to make sure he exactly understands what is important. In addition I made a drawing so that there cannot be any misunderstanding. But when he started vacuum cleaning I have seen that water was coming through the vents on the bottom of the swimming pool. So all the dust collected on the bottom of the pool was stird/mixed back into the water everywhere in the pool.

So in addition to that our maintenance guy does not know how much water is in the pool (and can not dose chemicals in the right way), does not know which chemicals need to be used he also does not know how to regulate the water flow in the maintenance room below the swimming pool. And it even comes worse: my wife called BM group to ask for someone can tell us how to operate the pumping system. They called back our maintenance guy and told him just to continue as he did before, that's okay. So the pool is dirty for three weeks now and they say that's okay. Not a situation someone would need to be concerned.
Anyway finally I went into J.D. Pools swimming pool maintenance branch here along Bangna Trad Road and at least Eddie (current Evergreen manager) agreed to let the pool being serviced by them.

I understand if someone doesn't know something, I do not know everything is well, but I do not understand someone who is responsible for something that he or she does not even try to get the right information which is available in the Internet even in Thai language.

#7 2017-01-23 13:04:07

explorer

In the meantime I could convince the office to hire a "Professional" Company to take care our swimming pool.

They cleared up the swimming pool with a special filter. Unfortunately I am not convinced by their work. The swimming pool is still not really clear. The pH value is still far too low.

This swimming pool  company did a poor job. On the day they arrived not even had instruments for water analyzes. They borrowed the cheap water analyzing "device" used by our maintenance staff.
So there was no water analyzes.

What they actually didn't is curing the symptoms but not really the reason why the pool developed a long-lasting problem.

Yesterday evening, January 22, I added more PH plus cchemical since the pH value is far too low. The maintenance staff did not clean the filter for at least five days, I hope they will do it today.

So let's see what will happen, I will have an eye on it...

Board footer