Evergreen View Tower Soi 56, 10260 Bangkok

Stop corruption - say what you want to say - make it a beautiful place again

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-04 23:44:49

explorer

Swimming pool green again/March 2017

And there we go again. The pool is dirty and green.

http://allsiam.net/upload/server/php/fi … 170228.png

It seems that on February 27 it was only me realizing that the pool would collapse again. Since on January 28 the situation worsened I decided to post a hint in a line group the management is reading. Unfortunately the management decided to do nothing.
So the inevitable happened.

Someone from the management blamed the water pump, then that there are so many people in the pool (what a nonsense, in five years I have never seen many people in  our swimming pool).

The swimming pool is almost always empty. There simply aren't many people using it. This pool does certainly not get green from too many people using it. What a nonsense.

To blame the filter alone is wrong as well. At least as important as the filter is the right chemistry in the pool. I don't understand why you, ..., belief what ever BM group says. There's so much information about pools in the Internet out there. And the same rules of physics that are applying to swimming pools all around the world do also apply to the Evergreen view tower swimming pool.

And as long as we don't know which chemicals are in the pool and which chemicals are needed we always will have problems. For example we have a pH value that is by far too low. Then the chlorine cannot do its work properly. Hence they need to use lots of chlorine, a lot more of chlorine then normally needed. That also cost a lot of money. If we would buy the right instrument to measure what chemicals are out there in the pool we would save this money back quickly because we do not need so much chlorine.

So even if you have no filter at all the pool does not get green if the right amount of certain chemicals are in the pool, if the values are where they should be:

pH: 7.2 - 7.8
Total alkalinity: 80 - 120 ppm
Chlorine: 1.0 - 2.0 ppm
Cyanuric Acid: 40 - 80 ppm
Calcium hardness: 180 - 220 ppm, though some say 200 - 400
Total Dissolved Solids: below 5000 ppm

But in our pool we don't know nothing... And no one wants to make the decision to change that. It would be very easy. But the ones in charge don't do anything...

Last edited by explorer (2017-03-04 23:46:29)

#2 2017-03-05 18:11:00

explorer

Re: Swimming pool green again/March 2017

Today, March 5, 2017 nothing changed. Whereas that is not entirely true.

Yesterday they put for the first time enough chlorine into the swimming pool. This morning you could see that some debris sunk to the ground of the swimming pool. Some maintenance staff showed up and started vacuum cleaning the ground of the swimming pool. But they made the same mistake they did back in January. The water vacuum cleaned away must be sent to the sewage water system. Under no circumstances can this water be send through the filter back into the pool. The filter cannot filter out the super tiny particles the debris consisted of.
But of course they didn't know. So the debris was vacuum cleaned only to be sent back into the pool through the filter.

http://allsiam.net/upload/server/php/fi … 170305.jpg

Even if the action taken by the JPM is visibly not successful for two consecutive days still nothing is done yet to get back the pool to a swimmable situation.

This is what I have written in a group where the responsible person can read on the evening of March 5, 2017

#3 2017-03-15 11:46:52

explorer

Re: Swimming pool green again/March 2017

Some follow up since the pool is still not swimmable:

On March 6, 2017 BM group, the buildings management company promised to fix the problems within two days. I knew they would fail, but why should anyone listen to a pool expert. So two days later the swimming pool was still green. They couldn't get anything done. To their luck one of the water problems went out of order so they could blame the water pump.

But the miracle happened: they always blame the water pump for the reason that the water is green. But now, one week later and without the water pump the water is clear. So once more they contradict themselves.

Now they are waiting for the new water pump to be delivered.

Now that is how the swimming pool is looking like as of March 14, 2017:

y3mODr7pO86PljInOTJ99GdCMxphqshj7YwujJRq8HFnf1a2nLssM1nmTnLPL_bka7EA0DajVsoTsEATM-_kso9-aVQ6_EA6WcMhm-xR64L8J8klSW46yfHOI55B1oVc3gMkIhTEH3p-EP423EGW_x_7uu0AQnjLZ-isvKf_1RYywU?width=660&height=371&cropmode=none

I donated a test kit, a more professional one then the management is offering. Only if we know what is in there in the pool we can properly maintain it. So here are the first readings I have done

test1703141.jpg
test1703142.jpg

Then my readings are the following:
total hardness: way too high with about 1000
total chlorine: about 10
free chlorine: around 10 as well, way too high
pH: Is about 6.8
Total alkalinity: 0
Cyanuric acid: I would say between 50 and 100

Board footer